What follows is a (very incomplete) listing of (mostly in English) selected public readings, exhibitions, workshops and other events.
06.06.21: Crossing the Divide with Jael Richardson and Marian Womack. Cymera Festival. Buy your tickets at the festival website.
Jael Richardson’s Gutter Child and Marian Womack’s The Swimmers both chronicle one young woman’s journey through a fractured dystopian world of heartbreaking disadvantages and shocking social environmental and social injustices.
Can they defy the systems that shapes their worlds?
- 20.4.21: Launch Party, The Swimmers. In discussion with G.V. Anderson, hosted by Cymera Festival.
- 19.3.21: Reading, Invited Creative Guests, The Swimmers, International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts Conference, ICFA 2021
- 12.4.20: Panel discussion, ‘Launching in Lockdown’, #StayAtHomeLitFestival, with Una McCormack, Tiffani Angus, Gemma Milne, Eddie Robson, and Marian Womack. 12-1pm.
- 03.4.20: Launch and Reading, The Golden Key, Calque Press Inaugural Salon – CAMBRIDGE – CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- 09.6.20: ‘Dangerous places’, discussion at Cymera Festival with Janette Ng – EDINBURGH – CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- 30.6.20: ‘Place and Landscape’, Environmental Reading, St John’s College’s Writer in Residence Salon – CAMBRIDGE – CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- 08.6.19 13:15 pm: Reading at Cymera Festival, with Anne Charnock, Aliette de Bodard and James Brogden – EDINBURGH
- 08.6.19 10am-11am: Eco-fiction roundtable at Cymera Festival, with Oliver Langmead and Vicky Jarret – Tickets Available – EDINBURGH
- 16.4.19 till 29.4.19: ‘Orange Dogs’, Included in ‘Reduce Speed Now!‘, Installation by Justin Brice Guariglia, Somerset House – LONDON
- 20.3.19 17pm: Chair & Discussion, Cambridge EcoFiction Bookgroup – Sealed – CAMBRIDGE, UK
- 06.2.19 16pm: Eco-Storytelling CW Workshop, English Faculty, Cambridge EcoFiction Bookgroup – CAMBRIDGE, UK
- 28.11.18 17pm: Chair & Discussion, Cambridge EcoFiction Bookgroup – Annihilation – CAMBRIDGE, UK
- 21.10.18 11:30am: Panelist at FantasyCon, ‘Ghostly Happenings’ – CHESTER, UK
- 20.10.18 2pm: Lost Objects Launch Party at FantasyCon – CHESTER, UK
- 20.10.18 4pm: Panelist at FantasyCon, ‘Choosing a writing course’ – CHESTER, UK
- 24.11.17 6pm: Co-chair with Helen Marshall: Weird Fiction at Waterstones. A conversation with Christopher Priest, Aliya Whiteley, and Gary Budden – CAMBRIDGE, UK
- 17.11.17: Advance reading from forthcoming collection, Lost Objects, at Gothic Nature International Conference, Trinity College – DUBLIN
- 25.2.17: Advance reading from forthcoming collection, Lost Objects. Centre for Science Fiction and Fantasy, Anglia Ruskin University. Launch Event – CAMBRIDGE, UK
- 19.1.17: Speaker: Mapping the Rise of Indie Presses in Spain, Graduate Forum, Máster en Teoría de la Literatura, Universidad Complutense – MADRID, SPAIN
- 31.10.16: Reading, short fiction event at Desperate Literature – MADRID, SPAIN
- 06.11.16: Panelist at EuroCon, ‘How to promote European SF’ – BARCELONA, SPAIN
- 14.8.14: Panelist at LonCon 3 – WorlCon, ‘Understanding Steampunk’ – LONDON, UK
- 27.3.14: Speaker: Noche Aristas – Weird Fiction, B-Meat – BARCELONA, SPAIN
- 04.6.10: Speaker: Los Worstsellers at Feria del Libro de Madrid – MADRID, SPAIN